What is Plug and Play Egypt Business Accelerators (PnP EBA)?
PnP EBA is a program designed to support startups and SMEs in Egypt through mentorship, training, networking opportunities, and access to capital. The program provides entrepreneurs with the tools they need to start or scale their businesses.
This accelerator program was launched in 2014 by PnP Global, a global network of accelerators, incubators and venture funds. Since its launch, over 100 companies have graduated from the program, raising $1.5 million in total funding.
The program has three tracks:
- Startups – for new ventures that are less than 3 years old
- Growth Track – for established enterprises looking to grow
- Scale-up Track – for high growth enterprises seeking additional investment
What is Plug and Play Egypt?
Plug and Play Egypt is an international business acceleration platform dedicated to supporting early stage technology companies in Egypt. It offers a unique combination of mentorship, training, networks, access to capital, and support services. This program is part of PnP Global’s portfolio of programs across Africa, Middle East, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
How does it work?
Startups apply online and get matched with mentors who will help them develop their ideas into viable products. Mentors provide guidance on product development, marketing strategy, fundraising, operations, etc.
Startups attend weekly workshops where they learn about entrepreneurship, design thinking, sales, marketing, finance, legal issues, and more. They also receive free office space, co-working membership, and other benefits.
Companies can choose between two tracks: Startup and Growth. Both offer similar services but differ in terms of time commitment and resources required. For example, while the Startup track requires 6 months of full-time engagement, the Growth Track only requires 1 month.
Finally, companies can opt for the Scale-Up Track which includes additional mentoring and coaching as well as access to additional financial and operational resources.
Who is eligible?
Entrepreneurs must be based in Egypt and have a minimum annual revenue of LE 10M. Companies must not be older than 5 years.
Why should I join?
There are many reasons why you should consider joining this program. Here are some of them:
- You will meet like-minded people who share your passion and vision
- You will benefit from a diverse set of skills and experiences
- You will gain exposure to different industries and sectors
- You will be able to connect with investors and potential customers
- You will receive regular updates on how to improve your startup
- You will have access to mentors and coaches who can help you build a successful company
- You will have the opportunity to pitch at Demo Day
What do we look for?
We look for founders who are passionate about what they do, who want to make a difference, and who are ready to take risks. We also look for founders who have strong leadership qualities, are open minded, and are willing to listen to feedback.
We don’t accept applications from individuals or teams.